Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Try To Think Spring

One of this winter worst storms is passing slightly south of us. When I say slightly I mean the worst part of the storm.  Both Milwaukee and Chicago areas have started shutting down, and schools not 30 miles away had off today and are already canceling school tomorrow. one local collage today said no class so far. But this is WI and the weather changes by the minute.

One thing I know that is not going to change is that winter will last another 6 weeks at least. So thinking spring is very hard, but wanting to add color to the grey days is a must. So I've come up with the idea that I need to create a late winter/early spring collection. I will be doing the collection as a endless combination style collection where one piece plays off of the last so the each piece can work with 2 or more pieces.
The first idea is to create some color with a palette of denim, orange and brown.  Which could work easily through three seasons. Fabric clockwise is dark blue denim, orange double knit, brown print poly woven, orange satin that was permanently wrinkled during washing, cotton lycra knit in upbeat dots, orange rayon blend knit and a brown print rpl knit. Missing would be brown double knit for a pair of pants, skirt and jacket combo.


The second color idea for some reason yells summer to me, and for that reason alone I think I might hold it off. Clockwise aqua bamboo knit, royal blue prl, aqua rib knit, cotton blend satin twill print in white, aqua and royal, charcoal poly blend with royal pin stripe. Whats missing would be a white double knit for a skirt/dress and royal blue double knit for a pants/skirt.

What do you think? Happy sewing.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. I've never been one to wear grey, black, navy and just all things dark in the winter months. It's dark and gloomy by itself. This storm is a great incentive to start spring wardrobe planning since we're not going anywhere, LOL I should start sewing for spring and I'll be ready when it actually gets here.

    ReplyDelete