Monday, August 10, 2009

Creating a Fall/Winter SWAP


Here we go again. It's the time of year where I start to think it's time to change my wardrobe. This year I've opted to sew a SWAP. A SWAP is Sewing With A Plan. My first step was collecting and going through possible fabric, patterns and magazine pictures of items I would like to use. The next step was trying to figure out how I was going to use each of these 20 pieces of fabric. That is what you can see in my slides. I've named each piece to what it will be used for. Sorry picture 2 is a bit fuzzy. What I hope to do is create all the stages in this


great article. The article is broken down into 3 stages that in the end create 28 to 30 pieces that can be mixed together to create a basic wardrobe.

My challenges: I work two jobs. One who's dress code is best descibed as work-casual. The other job's in a retail store is more semi-professional and needs to be some what on trend. To top that all off I'm a busy single mom of 4. So yep you guessed it my wardrobe needs to fit all my roles. Next blog I hope to show you a small grouping of ideas for this SWAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment